Monday, February 21, 2011

Maleigha's four months update and other shananigans!

Maleigha and I have been very busy the last few days... 
I dont even know where to start with all that's been going on.
My little stinker binker has began to turn all the over
She's also started to crawl..
Being with her is so amazing, she picks up new characteristics and assets every single day, lol. 
On the 15th she turned four months. She threw quite the little temper tantrum...or two. I cant say that I'm proud of this but it was funny because 
1) It was something new
2)It seems as if my mother's curse of "I hope you have one just like you" has decided to rear its nasty little head!
The first was over the telephone. She screamed at me until I let her hold it by herself. Which I did because she's not old enough to know exactly what she's doing yet. The other reason was that I was in shock that she even knew what it WAS. The second one happened while we were eating at Taco Mac. She wanted the broccoli on my plate but because she's only four months, I refused, thinking she would just as soon forget. She did NOT forget... 
She balled her little fist up, scrunched up her face and nose and let out a loud squeal of anger...then proceeded to grab my broccoli and begin to throw it on the table just as fast as I could pick it up and put it back. Her tiny hands were moving so fast and I could do nothing but laugh until I was out of breath and my tummy hurt. I have a feeling she'll be quite fierce, just the way her mommy was growing up. I only pray that she doesnt put me through what I did to MY parents... pleaseeee. 
So much for ballet.. we might need to rethink this and focus on soccer. That was an awesome outlet for me, growing up. I wanted a princess but I have a feeling she'll be anything but. 
On Valentines day, she was a big hit at the restaraunt, people loved her and she cooed and talked until her little heart was content. She's such a little ham. She never liked strangers in her face but she loves it now. She talks to them, smiles and giggles with them and even "calls" for them to come back when they walk away! 


She especially enjoys Sunday mornings at church. She hangs out in Gammy's lap and soaks up all the attention she can after the sermon. Unfortunately, she thought the pastor was speaking to HER this Sunday     ( we sit front row) and decided to talk back. So much so that my mom had me take her out into the lobby. She REALLY enjoyed this. The only baby out in a lobby full of women, she was the center of attention. The older women really love the huge Anne Gable like bows that we put in her hair and enjoy holding and talking to her as much as she enjoys it. My child doesnt belong to me on Sunday mornings, lol. Travis told me he's starting to feel like my dad because he loves to show her off. All kinds of females, young and old approach him when he's holding her. He's becoming quite the chick magnet, lol. I know it's all if fun, though.
He loves her so much and I love to watch the two of them together. I'm at my most happiest and content when I watch the two of them interact. He's such a good father. Right now he's working two jobs but still manages to make time for both her and I. He goes during the weekdays from 6 to 5 at the assembly line and also goes to the dealership to detail cars on the weekends. He might say he's tired or his feet hurt from being on them all day but he never mentions giving up, nor does he complain anything serious. I cant believe that he's the same person I met in high school or even the same person I knew 2 years ago. He works on the assembly line for a corporation that my mother is the attorney of. He works as a temp right now but is hoping to get on full time soon.  The other day when she came home, she said she'd tried to get his attention but he was so into doing his job that he didnt glance up, not even once. I think it's so attractive that he's such a hard worker. The other day he came home and proudly informed me that a permanent person walked out of the warehouse so he voluntarily stepped in. They told him that if he does that job THAT well, they'll have to hire him on sooner. I made a big deal out of it and he blushed. Made my heart melt a little, lol. He's done an amazing turn around and I couldn't ask for anyone better to be in mine and Maleigha's life. He's definitely developed from a boy to a man. I'm not saying we don't have our issues or that he doesn't make mistakes... I'm simply saying that he's an amazing person and who he is, is good enough for me. We might not have the luxeries that I had while living with my mom... but being with him and Maleigha is enough for me. If I'm going to struggle with ANYONE, they're definitely my pick! I love my little family.

I havent been up to much of anything, taking care of Maleigha fills most of my day. I'm going to start school on Saturday for dental assisting... crossing my fingers and praying that this goes well. I'm also starting to get back in the gym and taking Maleigha for walks in the stroller, which she absolutely LOVESSSSS.
I'm hoping to be a tan skinny chick by summer time, haha. I have to get rid of this baby weight ASAP. Other than that, I've just been handling my at home mommy duties... cleaning like a mad woman, babysitting the boys for my sister and enjoying the occasional companionship of other mom's and ofcourse my besties! I'm also working on "taking back me". It's harder than I thought it'd be but I'm pushing for it, big time. I'll be starting pilates and I'm super excited to get rid of these extra ten lbs and toning my abs. I believe that exercising, school and doing extra curricular activities that I enjoy (reading, writing... going to the nail salon and spa.. ) will definitely get me back on track. I'll make sure to post lots of before and after picturesss!
Anywhoo... have to save some of this energy for my Taking Back Me blog because I'll def end up with a serious writers block...
until next time

Roxanna

No comments:

Post a Comment